- Request that your SAT or ACT official score report be sent to you and then forward it unopened to RTR at the address below. If you send it to VCU it will not be linked to your RTR application. Or, request that an official high school transcript be sent directly to RTR.
- If applying for the LSEE or the SE Track, please send your GRE or MAT score report directly to the VCU Graduate School at the address noted below. You can send RTR your unofficial score report.
- Schedule your tests now. The RTR Test Policy requires you to continue to sign-up for the next testing window until you meet the threshold scores for the program.
- All testing must be taken and passed on or by Marcy 25, 2017.
- ETS offers monthly testing windows for the Praxis Core/Math and Middle School Math and Science Exams; and for MOST Praxis Subject Tests. Earth and Space Science and Physics Praxis II are only offered in September, November, January, March and April. Make sure to plan ahead.
- Expect that ETS might take scheduled test windows offline without advance notice – typically March. Inform the program if this occurs.
- ETS requires that you register 21 days in advance of your test date – and as a bonus you will avoid late fees with some planning ahead.
- The GRE is only offered a limited number of times during the year.
- Order the maximum number of free score reports and save a copy to your hard drive and a hard copy for your files.
- Request that official copies of all teacher licensure score reports (Praxis Core (math only), Praxis Subject Tests, VCLA) be sent to directly to VCU School of Education and send an electronic copy to RTR.
- Study – really! Most of these assessments are not tests you want to walk into cold turkey : ) It really does makes a difference. Check out the sample free practice tests provided at the Praxis and ETS testing sites.
- The GRE will remind you of the SAT with a mathematical section, and the MAT will remind you of your 11th Grade English class with a string of vocabulary analogies. Choose the admissions test that favors your strong suit. So, if math is second nature to you, than consider taking the GRE; but, if you are more of a word geek, than consider the MAT.
Score reports can be sent to:
Ann D. Cherry
Director of Recruitment & Student Affairs
Richmond Teacher Residency
3600 W. Broad Street, Suite 300
Richmond, VA 23230
VCU Graduate School
408 W Franklin Street,PO Box 843051, Richmond, VA 23284