Applying to VCU
Applying to VCU is a cinch when you follow these steps. Because your RTR application serves as the backbone for your VCU application — you need to apply to RTR first. This sequence will also save you from duplicating your work, or completing two essays, or securing more references.
- Apply to RTR first.
- Then, apply to the VCU Graduate School.
- Be sure to save your log-in information so you can go back into your application.
- You are applying for admission for Summer 2018.
- For SE Track Candidates: Apply for the Master of Education (M.Ed.) degree in Special Education – General.
- For Middle School STEM Track: Apply for the Master of Education (M.Ed.) degree in Curriculum and Instruction.
- For Secondary Track Candidates: Apply for the Master of Teaching (M.T.) degree specifying your particular content area (math, biology, etc).
- For LSEE Track Candidates: Apply for the Master of Teaching (M.T.) degree specifying LSEE.
- For References: List your providers and check “No” to the question: “Will this provider be submitting the letter of recommendation online?” Checking no will ensure that your references are not sent another automated request to provide a letter of support.
- Upload an unofficial transcript and then request that official transcripts be sent directly to VCU Graduate School of all college level work. You can use this address: VCU Graduate School, P.O. Box 843051, Richmond, Virginia 23284-3051
- For SE and LSEE Track Candidates: Request that your GRE or MAT scores be sent directly to the VCU Graduate School and send unofficial score reports to RTR electronically.
- For Middle School STEM and Secondary Track Candidates: Request that your Praxis Subject Tests (Middle School Math or Science Score Report or Content Knowledge Exam) score reports be sent directly to VCU School of Education with unofficial score reports electronically sent to RTR.